How it Began
"Several years ago, when I was looking for ways to earn my own Continuing Education hours, I was disappointed to find that most of the available programs and seminars were either of no immediate relevance to my clinical practice or took me away from my patients and my family. With a background in chiropractic education for many years, I was inspired to research and create materials that would augment my clinical competence. It then became a natural progression to transform this material into a format and platform that would make it available and useful to my colleagues too. Hence, my online educational programs were born in 2008." – Elham Nia, DC
New CPD Requirements for Chiropractors in Australia
The following are extracted from the Chiropractic Board of Australia registration standard in relation to the new CPD requirements (as of Dec 2019):
To meet this standard, you must:
1. Complete at least 20 hours of CPD each year that:
- Seeks to improve patient health outcomes, safety and experiences.
- Draws on the best available evidence, including well-established and accepted knowledge that is supported by research where possible, to inform good practice and decision-making.
- Contributes directly to maintaining and improving your competence (performance and behaviour) and keeping you up to date in your chosen scope and setting of practice.
- Builds on your existing knowledge.
2. Maintain a first aid qualification at least equivalent to HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
3. Maintain a portfolio that documents your learning goals and records all your planned CPD activities and your reflection on how these CPD activities are expected to improve or have improved your practice.
Continuing Professional Development Online™ (CPDO) is a provider of approved online video Modules for chiropractors in Australia and New Zealand who wish to complete their CPD credit requirements online. We welcome other health care professionals to enrol in our Modules.
The online CPD Modules are produced by experienced health care professionals and educators and present up to date, clear and engaging audiovisual material.
Continuing Professional Development Online™ is a division of Educom Pty Ltd which has a long history in the provision of continuing professional education in Australia. Continuing Professional Development Online™ currently researches, develops and produces online CPD video Modules to assist health professionals to maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge while completing their CPD requirements conveniently and cost-effectively.
BSc, DC, MApp.Sc, Grad Dip Ed
Elham Nia - Chiropractor
Michael Webb - Chiropractor
Content Review Panel
We are grateful to the following professionals for contributing and reviewing the content of our CPD Modules:
Rick Ames - Chiropractor, Senior Lecturer, RMIT University
- Neysan Sedaghat - Medical Practitioner
- Margaret Matthews - Osteopath
- Rachael McAleer - Physiotherapist, Lecturer, La Trobe University
- Tom Molyneux - Chiropractor, Senior Lecturer, RMIT University
- Chris Heggie - Chiropractor
We are grateful to the following professionals and organisations for their kind permission to include their images in our CPD Modules:
- Vahid Master - Radiologist
- Levent Efe - Medical Illustrator
- New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated
- Associate Professor Amanda Oakley - Dermatologist
- Professor Raimo Suhonen - Dermatologist
- MoleMap New Zealand
Providing Continuing Education in other Countries
In addition to our operation in Australia, we also provide online Continuing Education (CE) to chiropractors in the United States and Canada:
Chiropractic Online CE™: https://www.chiropracticonlinece.com
Continuing Professional Development Online™ (CPDO)
Educom Pty Ltd ABN 61056461020
PO Box 3168 Victoria Gardens
Richmond VIC 3121 Australia